This error code refers to a communication timeout error.
The first step is to take the battery off and power cycle your bike.
In order to do so, when the battery is out, please turn on the display until it turns off itself.
This process is to get rid of the residual current in the cables to avoid any shorts.
- Disconnect all of the components, aside from the display (these include the motor cutoffs, head and taillight, throttle, and cadence sensor)
- Reinstall the battery, and then power the bike on
- If error 30 persists with only the display connected, then the error is with the display, wire harness, or controller
- If the error does not persist, power the bike off, and connect one of the components
- Repeat this process, making sure to power the bike off before disconnecting and connecting anything, and only connect one component at a time (aside from the display)
- Watch for the error code, and let us know which component is giving the error 30.